Call for your comprehensive consultation today!

(212) 235-1361

Office in Manhattan, Queens & Brooklyn
Se Habla Español
We also service clients in French

Understanding H-Visas in New York

Protecting Your Specialty Workers & Employees

What is an H-visa? Formally titled an H-1B, this type of status permits a specialty worker to be employed by a U.S. employer, regardless of immigration status. What is a specialty worker? A specialty worker is a type of employee who works in a unique occupation that demands the understanding, education, and knowledge of a highly specialized field of study. This status is generally sought by engineers, professors, computer scientists, nurses, researches, and other types of professionals that wish to gain valuable work experience in the United States while obtaining income.

There are many different advantages to this type of visa, including the permission to work in the United States. Other benefits of successfully claiming this status include the following:

  • Earnings from a professional occupation, as the worker is allowed to received salaried income;
  • The opportunity to have children under the age of 21 remain in the United States during the authorized stay;
  • The duration is granted in periods and can last up to six years;
  • The spouse and children are permitted to attend school, as they have been granted an H-4 visa; and
  • Multiple visas for specialty occupations may be held simultaneously to have two employers.

In order to become eligible for this type of visa, a person must be coming to the United States for the main purpose of performing a service in this particular specialty occupation. He or she must also possess the academic degree required by this occupation, in addition to having an employer who has already offered this position to the immigrant. If you are pursuing the opportunity to work in the United States as a specialty worker, or you have a potential employee coming to work in this specialty position, you need a New York immigration attorney.

New York Visa Lawyer - Obtaining an H-Visa for a Specialty Worker

When you need to file an application for immigration status in the United States, it is very important to obtain the professional legal services of a lawyer well-versed in this area of the law. Failing to do so can result in the denial of your application, as over half of all applications are denied when a person chooses not work with an attorney. If you want to see your case succeed, you should bring it to Eiges & Eiges, PC for a free consultation. Our law firm has over 35 years of combined legal experience that we want to share with you on your specialty occupation visa case! Not only have our lawyers earned an AV® rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, but we have also been rated as "excellent" on Avvo.

We can provide you with a free consultation regarding your H-Visa for a specialty worker if you are an employer or an immigrant, so don't hesitate to contact a New York visa attorney at our law firm today.

LexisNexis - AV Peer Review Rated Avvo Rating - 10.0 Superb Avvo Client' Choice - Top Attorney Super Lawyers Better Business Bureau - Accredited Business