Call for your comprehensive consultation today!

(212) 235-1361

Office in Manhattan, Queens & Brooklyn
Se Habla Español
We also service clients in French

Frequently Asked Immigration Questions

A New York immigration lawyer has the answers!

Here at the law firm of Eiges & Eiges, PC , we know how difficult immigration law can be. We have dealt with this highly specialized area of the law for many years now, and have a total of 35 years of experience on the entire team altogether. We understand that there is nothing more that you want than to get your life back on track or to move forward with any immigration related matter, and we are here to guide you through that process. Below are several frequently asked questions answered by a New York immigration lawyer:

What is a visa? What types are available?

A visa is a type of legal documentation that grants an immigrant the ability to legally remain or work in the United States. There are many types of visas available, including a student visa, work visa, fiancée visa, family visa, employment visa, and immigrant and non-immigrant visas. Talk with your attorney as soon as possible to discuss your options and the visa that best suits your specific case.

Is it easy to get a green card?

Green cards, or permanent residence visas, are often extremely difficult to obtain. It is always suggested to have an attorney present to help guide you through the process in an error-free manner. Once approved, the immigrant will be issued a temporary green card that is valid for two years. If the immigrant remains in good standing during these years, he or she can apply for a more permanent residency status for up to ten years.

My visa is expired, what should I do?

If your visa is expired and you face threats of deportation, the only thing you should be concerned with at this moment is to talk to a New York deportation defense lawyer. Without an attorney, it may be likely that you application for a renewal can be denied.

How difficult is the immigration process in general?

As many can attest, the immigration process is extremely complex, if not the most complex are of the law. It is estimated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that 67 percent of applications and appeals are denied without legal counsel present. Hiring an attorney for your case is imperative, and can have great benefits for your case.

If I am in the United States temporarily, but wish to obtain a permanent visa, what should I do?

When a person wishes to change the status of their immigration, it is often a complex undertaking that should be performed by a skilled attorney. The immigrant must file the required forms that their unique situation calls for, such as forms or documents for the specific visa they wish to apply for. It is important to have an attorney present at this time, as there are several options you have to achieve a more permanent type of visa status.

I have received an order for deportation. What legal action should I take?

If you have received an order of deportation or a notification of removal from the country, it is absolutely imperative to consult with a deportation defense lawyer at our New York law firm. When it comes to matters involving your well-being and residency in the United States, our firm is serious about defending clients who have been accused of committing a crime or violating the terms of their immigration status. We urge you to contact us today.

Contact a New York Immigration Attorney

At Eiges & Eiges, PC , our legal team understands that you need the answers to your most important questions regarding immigration law. We can review your case at a comprehensive consultation and help you determine the best possible solution for your specific case matter. No matter what you may be dealing with, we want to help!

Contact a New York immigration lawyer from our office without delay to get the answers you need!

LexisNexis - AV Peer Review Rated Avvo Rating - 10.0 Superb Avvo Client' Choice - Top Attorney Super Lawyers Better Business Bureau - Accredited Business