Call for your comprehensive consultation today!

(212) 235-1361

Office in Manhattan, Queens & Brooklyn
Se Habla Español
We also service clients in French

New York Family Visa Lawyer

When a person has entered into the United States and has obtained a green card, it is likely that this person will want to bring the rest of their family members into the country. Unfortunately, this process can be extremely complex and discouraging for a family that does not have the legal resources of a skilled New York immigration attorney. Applying for a family visa can be made much less complex with the help of a lawyer from the law firm of Eiges & Eiges, PC . Our law firm has over 35 years of collective legal experience and an AV® rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for achieving favorable case results while conducting in an ethical manner.

What is a family visa?

Our firm understands that every part of the immigration process will be extremely difficult, and can result in disappointment and heartbreak for a family who is unaware of their rights. When it comes to matters of family visas, there are certain steps that a family must perform in order to be eligible. First, the family must obtain approval for an immigrant petition visa, I-30, from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. During this process, the family member who is a U.S. citizen will be required to fill out the form as a representative of the alien relative and provide proof of the relationship.

After this has been completed, the second step will be to determine if an immigrant visa number is available for the alien family member in accordance with the category of visa that the person has applied for. The change to permanent resident status for the alien will be approved once a visa number becomes available. If the family member does not currently reside in the United States when the number becomes available, he or she must visit the consulate to complete the process.

The Different Types of Family Visas in NY

There are three different types of family visas that can be obtained by an immigrant, including the K-1 visa, K-2 visa, and K-3 visa. Each type of visa will depend on the relationship between the U.S. citizen and the alien, ranging from fiancée visas to children's visas to spouse's visas. If you are moving to the United States from a foreign country to live with a family member, you need a New York family visa lawyer from our offices. We have many decades of experience in this area of the law and truly want to help you and your family through this challenging chapter. Call us today to obtain a free consultation of your case!

Contact a New York family visa attorney today to learn more about the options available to you.

LexisNexis - AV Peer Review Rated Avvo Rating - 10.0 Superb Avvo Client' Choice - Top Attorney Super Lawyers Better Business Bureau - Accredited Business